Suggested Retail Price $100.00
Stock number 1977 UPC 837654321164
Warehouse 23 Only! – click here to order!
The giant tank rumbles toward its target . . . its guns are destroyed, its movement slowed, but only a few defenders are left. Will they stop the robot juggernaut, or will it crush the Command Post beneath its cruel treads?
Ogre was Steve Jackson's first game. Originally published in 1977, it became a hit as the first "Microgame," and is now considered a classic. Over 25 years after its release, it earned a spot in James Lowder's popular book "Hobby Games: The 100 Best."
Now the Ogre is back . . . in a gigantic new "designer's edition" that will be the crown of any game collection. The rules from the original Ogre and G.E.V., plus material from later supplements, have been completely revised and reorganized into a rulebook, a separate scenario book, and a handy player reference sheet.
The game features 5 giant mapboards . . . more than 500 oversized full-color unit counters . . . plus 72 Ogres and buildings, which are 3-D constructible models!
Yet Ogre is still easy to learn and quick to play. The basic game takes only a half-hour . . . but you'll want to play again and again. And, with the geomorphing maps and hundreds of new overlays, an infinite number of scenarios are possible.
- Ogre Rulebook
- Ogre Scenarios
- Ogre Reference Sheet
- Ogre Record Sheets
- Ogre 3-D assembly diagrams
- Ogre flat counter tray layout diagram
- Some of our Kickstarter backers have made Sponsored Counter Sheets. Check them out!
- Need some more swag? We've got it right here . . . while it lasts!
- For a more portable version at a historically low price, grab Ogre Pocket Edition!
- Wear the cool retro Ogre T-Shirt to your next game!
- Get your arms ready for this Ogre 77th Brigade Patch.
- Ogre is here, and we're celebrating! Find out about the Ogre Launch Party here.
- Use the Ogre War Room app to score a game for up to six players and any number of Ogres!
- Build your own Ogres! Download our .PDF templates for the popular Mk. III and Mk. V units (with or without artwork) and watch our "How To Build An Ogre" video for assembly tips!
- Build your own targets! Grab our .PDF templates (again, with or without artwork) for 3-D buildings!
What People Are Saying
- Steve Jackson and Phil Reed appear for a follow-up podcast interview on That's How We Roll.
- GeekDad Interviews Steve Jackson about Ogre on Kickstarter.
- MTV Geek talks about Ogre's Kickstarter success and discusses the game's components.
- ICV2 notes Kickstarter record and new edition of Ogre.
- Visit the Ogre Sixth Edition on Kickstarter to read the latest information.
- That's How We Roll podcast spoilers about Ogre with Fred Hicks, Chris Hanrahan, Phil Reed, and Andrew Hackard at PAX East.