Written by William H. Stoddard, Matt Riggsby, Peter V. Dell'Orto and Dan Howard
Edited by Sean Punch
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
160 pages. Hardcover.
Suggested Retail Price $29.99
Stock number 01-0108
Available Now – click here to order!
163 pages. PDF.
Stock number 31-0108
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Welcome to the Past!
GURPS Low-Tech covers the basic tools used by historical adventurers from the Stone Age to the Age of Sail – and still used by modern survivalists and post-apocalypse survivors when the high-tech toys fail.
Weapons and armor from antlers and rawhide to warhammers and heavy mail; adventure and travel gear from simple stone knives to early submarines; everyday items and tools of every trade. Low-Tech starts with the basics that suit any setting . . . and adds lots of culturally specialized inventions to support your campaign's particular flavor. For game masters, the discussions of past technologies – based on up-to-date historical and archaeological research – will be valuable no matter what system is used. For GURPS players, this book also covers the skills and traits that let adventurers make the best use of their equipment.
Whether the heroes are cavemen taking their first steps toward civilization, pirates on the Seven Seas, or anything in between, GURPS Low-Tech has the technology they need!
GURPS Low-Tech replaces GURPS Low-Tech for Third Edition, the TL4 parts of GURPS High-Tech for Third Edition, and the rules for equipment from many historical sourcebooks for Third Edition, from the TL0 tools in GURPS Dinosaurs to to the TL4 gear in GURPS Swashbucklers.
- See GURPS Low-Tech Companion 1: Philosophers and Kings for information on the social tools that made the pre-modern tools possible, including additional information on medicine, mathematics, and music.
- GURPS Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors has additional rules and information on low-tech arms and armor, plus guidelines for TL0-4 fortresses and military transportation.
- With GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics, you can bring life to your low-tech settings by detailing the everyday activities that make the world run.
- Pre-calculated piecemeal armor options make any gamer's life easier. Get GURPS Low-Tech: Instant Armor and fight faster!
- For ready-made protective garb from a variety of historical eras, get properly outfitted with GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor.
- GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality looks at dozens of low-tech inventions that didn't quite work out in our reality, but might still be possible, somewhere.
- GURPS High-Tech – Descriptions and stats for hundreds of kinds of historical weapons and personal armor, vehicles from the stagecoach to modern helicopters, and much more.
- GURPS Ultra-Tech – The sourcebook for science-fiction technology, from the near future to the farthest reaches of the imagination.
- For additional rules, equipment, and insight – including articles written by the authors of the Low-Tech series – check out Pyramid #3/33: Low-Tech and Pyramid #3/52: Low-Tech II.
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.